Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mariwana!

The following is a quotation from a Doctor who was investigating the effects of the Herb and decided to use the participant observer method of collecting information, quite something!

"I had taken the drug with great skepticism as to its reputed action, or at any rate with the opinion that it was grossly exaggerated, and I accordingly made up my mind not to be 'caught napping' in this way again, and to keep a careful watch over my thoughts. But while enforcing this resolution as I supposed, I found myself, to my own astonishment, waking from a reverie longer and more profound than any previous. From skepticism, to the fullest belief of all I had read on the subject, was but a step. Its effects so far surpassed anything which words can convey, that I began to think I was on the verge of narcotic poisoning; yet, strange to say, there was not the slightest feeling of inquietude on that account. I resolved to walk into the street. While rising from the chair, another lucid interval showed that another dream had come and gone. While passing through the door, I was aware of having wandered again, but how or when I had permitted myself to fall into the reverie I was perfectly unconscious, and knew only that it seemed to have lasted an interminable length of time." Dr. John Bell in 1857

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMERA WE NI MSANII- KIOO CHA JAMII. ENDELEA HIVO HIVO NA SHAD JUU YA HIO STORI.
JOSE.....

'Live until you die!'

About Me

My photo
Though I might look like your common guy next door, there's more to me than meets the I. If you get the chance to meet the I, you will find out more about me.