Thursday, September 15, 2011

Talking Eyes

Above the murmurs in this congested hole
Above the acrid smell of beer and cigarettes
Above the occasional grunts from the passed-out drunk,
Above all are the talking eyes.

Winking eyes telegraph messages across tables
A man’s smiling eyes declare intentions at one end
A woman’s submissive eyes seal the deal at the other
Five minutes later, they both walk out hand in hand.
Couples tables apart but eyes together.

One from a table across chats me with her eager eyes
‘Do we do business?’ the eyes invitingly ask
‘Am broke,’ mine reply
‘I Can’t even afford a cheap lodging room'
‘Go to hell!’ her eyes glare back
‘No money no business’

Her eyes then rove the bar for better eyes
Better money talking eyes.

©2011 Otiato Opali

No comments:

'Live until you die!'

About Me

My photo
Though I might look like your common guy next door, there's more to me than meets the I. If you get the chance to meet the I, you will find out more about me.