Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Sun

Birds salute dawn with lonely tunes
No one to listen with me.
The sun yawns orange gloom
No one to grieve with me.

Dear sun,
While on the other side of the world
Tell me, have you seen her?

My forlorn shadow dwarfens under my feet
No one to redeem me.
Half way across the sky
The sun blends my tears with sweat
No one cries with me.

Dear sun,
Having searched half the earth
Tell me, have you seen her?

Couples, in gold lit faces, gasp at sunset
No one to gasp with me.
The sun’s golden rays seal their whispered vows
No one to whisper with me.

Dear sun,
Now that you retire
Will you ever see her?

©2011 Otiato Opali

No comments:

'Live until you die!'

About Me

My photo
Though I might look like your common guy next door, there's more to me than meets the I. If you get the chance to meet the I, you will find out more about me.