Sunday, February 3, 2013

Someone Take Me To Zimbabwe

Somebody take me to Zimbabwe
Down to the famed Matobo National Park
And up the Malindidzimu hill
I have unfinished business with two gentlemen resting there.

I don’t want to see the lions and giraffes -
We have plenty of those in Kenya.
Nor to marvel at how worthless the Zimbabwean Dollar is -
Is only machine-a-make money.

I want to stand atop two homosexuals’ graves
One Cecil Rhodes and his lover Starr Jameson.
I want to unzip my trouser and unsheathe my big African cork
I want to splash my urine on this century old tomb!

©2013 Otiato Opali.

No comments:

'Live until you die!'

About Me

My photo
Though I might look like your common guy next door, there's more to me than meets the I. If you get the chance to meet the I, you will find out more about me.