Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Good Uncles.

Junior, my uncles are better than yours
Look! Ten shillings
Yesterday’s uncle gave me

Junior, my uncles are more than yours
Every evening mama goes out
Mama comes back at night
Every night a new uncle!

Junior, my uncles love mama than yours
Every night they come with mama
They go with her to her room
To protect her – mama says
So that thieves don’t steal her from me.

Junior, my uncles are bigger than yours
I saw one on T.V
I saw another in the newspaper
They say they are M.Ps
M.Ps and Ministers.

Junior, tell your mama you need uncles
Many uncles,
Good uncles!

©2011 Otiato Opali





2 comments:

job kimani said...

uncles...they are always much more fun than dads aint they??hehehe

Poetikally Korrect! said...

Yeah right Job, makes me wanna be an uncle!

'Live until you die!'

About Me

My photo
Though I might look like your common guy next door, there's more to me than meets the I. If you get the chance to meet the I, you will find out more about me.