Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tongue Tied.

Then to those left on his left he would say,
Away from me
Away to the eternal flames
I was hungry
You would not feed me.

Then they would answer him,
When did we see you
Hungry, naked, a stranger
And did not attend to you?

Then he would reply,
Whenever you refused
Any of these least important ones
You refused me.

Then they would lament,
These least important ones you talk of
These least important ones were us –
Hungry, naked, strangers … us!

Then he would be tongue tied.


©2011 Otiato Opali

1 comment:

KalpanaS said...

The lines build like a wave, conveying the sense of injustice.

'Live until you die!'

About Me

My photo
Though I might look like your common guy next door, there's more to me than meets the I. If you get the chance to meet the I, you will find out more about me.